V4: Where are family registration settings?

I just realized I’m missing the ability for families to register. In v3, when an adult registered the system would ask if they wanted to create a family account.

In v4, I configured Site Management > Users > Maximum household size before group to a random large number (10). But during registration there is no prompt to create a family account. And I’m failing to find any other settings in Mission Control to activate a family account during registration.

I’m sure I’m missing something… thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction!

Just kidding. Found those settings after registering someone. I’ll update this thread with instructions on how to add family members and then change the category to How To. But now, lunchtime!

Yeah, it’s not part of the sign-up process anymore, they have to click on My Profile -> Family. The good news is that adults can add children without having to set up usernames and passwords for them, once they click “Add Family Member” really all they need to supply is a first name and the other required fields.

The Maximum Household Size setting is only if you want to make people with a family of a certain size convert their family to a “group” and make them select a group type. You can leave that unconfigured if you don’t want to use the group functionality. In our case it’s so that local youth groups can sign up all their kids and manage them from a single account.

The good news is that adults can add children without having to set up usernames and passwords for them

^ We love this! I could tell that in the past parents got sick of creating usernames and passwords once they got a few kids in.

You can leave that unconfigured if you don’t want to use the group functionality.

That makes sense. Thanks. I was trying everything to force new options to magically appear. I’ll set that back to blank.