Upgrade GRA v3.* to v3.0.3

Version 3.0.3 of the GRA was released on February 18th, 2016. It fixes issues in the Control Room Patron functionality (#83 and an error reviewing prior mail correspondence), an issue with displaying tenant information in a multi-tenant environment (#82) and improves patron password recovery logging.

This update is recommended due to the Control Room Patron issues.

Here are the steps required to perform the upgrade:

1. Download and unzip the GRA-v3-to-v3.0.3-upgrade.zip file.

2. Find your current GRA installation. The directory will contain files such as Web.config and Dashboard.aspx.

3. In the Upgrade Files directory in the archive from step 1 you will find new SRP.dll and SRP_DAL.dll files. Copy these files over the existing files in the bin/ directory in your Great Reading Adventure v3 installation. You may want to back up the existing files first in case you want the ability to roll back if something goes wrong in the upgrade.

NOTE: your reading program patrons and Control Room users may see an interruption in service when these files are replaced - you may want to consider making this change at a time when few users are accessing the site.

4. Navigate to the ControlRoom/Modules/Install directory in your GRA installation.

5. In the Upgrade Files directory in the archive from step 1 you will find a directory called ControlRoom-Modules-Install, copy the contents of that directory over the files in ControlRoom/Modules/Install. You may want to back up the existing file(s) first in case you want the ability to roll back if something goes wrong in the upgrade.

6. Navigate to the ControlRoom/Modules/Patrons directory in your GRA installation.

7. In the Upgrade Files directory in the archive from step 1 you will find a directory called ControlRoom-Modules-Patrons, copy the contents of that directory over the files in ControlRoom/Modules/Patrons. You may want to back up the existing file(s) first in case you want the ability to roll back if something goes wrong in the upgrade.

8. In the Upgrade Files directory in the archive from step 1, you will find a SQL script named SQL-v3.0.3-Update.sql. This is a normal text file you can open in Notepad. Connect to your SQL Server database using a tool such as SQL Server Management Studio (ensure you are accessing it as a database owner user) and execute the script.

9. Once the files have been replaced and the script has been executed, you have successfully upgraded your Great Reading Adventure installation. If you have further questions, please post to the forum and we will help you sort it out!

Application Error for Badges
Landing Page Description showing as plain text
Application Error viewing Sub-Account List from Parent Account
Upgrade GRA v3.* to v3.0.2

This script file is not there. Can you send me the script syntax?

Hmm, I just downloaded the GRA-v3-to-v3.0.3-upgrade.zip file from GitHub and I see it in GRA-v3-to-v3.0.3-upgrade/Upgrade Files/SQL-v3.0.3-Update.sql. In any event, I’ve attached it to this message.

SQL-v3.0.3-Update.sql.zip (770 Bytes)

I had downloaded the wrong file, doh!
Thank you harald

It looks like we have V2.2.1. Can I upgrade directly to V3.0.3?

I tried to install V3.0 so I could install V3.0.3, but I’m having issues. I extracted the contents and created a new folder under my wwwroot folder. I then changed the physical path of the folder to the new extracted contents of the V3.0 website. Then I try to go to http://mywebsitename/ControlRoom/Setup.aspx and I get an error message that my page isnt working.

I’ve tried creating a brand new site and using the newly extracted v3.0 folder and get the same thing. What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the GreatReadingAdventure-3.0.2.zip. Is there a different download I need?

Sean

Can you try to access the new site directly from the Web server and post (or PM me) a screenshot of the error that you are seeing? You might also review the Install The Software section of the manual to see if there are any steps there that you missed.

You can always get the latest package (right now it’s 3.0.3) from GitHub. I’d recommend using 3.0.3 if you are starting new.