Transferring Participants Information from One Program to Another

Good afternoon,

Our library used the program for our summer reading clubs this year, and we want to use it again for our upcoming Teen/Tween Winter Reading Club in 2017. If we create a new URL, homepage, and images is it possible to transfer our summer participants’ accounts only over to the new program? Thank you for your time and assistance.

Denise:

Currently the software does not have that capability. I’m hoping to implement this as we continue to work on the software because it would make sign-up a lot easier!

Hi Harald,

Oh darn that’s disappointing. But I thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Denise

Hi Harald,

Here’s a follow up question if you wouldn’t mind helping. Is there a way to remove the existing participants in bulk rather than one at a time? Thanks so much for your time.

Sincerely,
Denise

I’m so sorry, I missed this post.

I don’t think there’s any easy way to bulk-delete. We’ll definitely make a note of this as something that you could use for future versions!

Hi Harald,

No worries. I appreciate you getting back to me. Hopefully this function can be added in the future. Happy holidays!

Sincerely,
Denise J.

Hi Harald,

Sorry to bother you with another question. Sign-up started on 1/9/17 for our Teen Winter Reading Club. When we “transferred” past summer participants over to the new club we setup, they could not see their new Winter badges that they earned. I made sure that all new badges, challenges, events, etc., were set to the Winter 2017 challenge, but former participants were experiencing this problem. I made a “dummy” account as a new participant, and everything was fine though. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
Denise

Hmm, I’m not sure what could be going on here. How did you transfer the past participants over to the new club? The software isn’t really designed for that (though we’d like to enhance it so that could be done).

Hi Harald,

Thanks so much again for your help. My director created a new winter program within the system and wanted us to transfer the summer participants over to the winter program (badges and all). I practiced with the system last night and found that once the previous participants start logging, then they get the new “Sign-up” badge, as well as the other badges & prizes so at least that works. I found also that when I ran an Ad-Hoc Report, that only the “new” participants were listed (no transfers). I hope this makes sense. Thanks again for all of your help.

Sincerely,
Denise

I’m a little gobsmacked that this worked! I don’t know that I’ve ever tried this specific set of steps but now that I think about it I can how it might work. I probably would need to do some in-depth testing to figure out why you’re having the issue with badges not showing up.

Great! Thanks so much for your attention; I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Denise