This is a weird one…
We had reports this was happening, but finally witnessed it today while helping someone register.
We had the registration page up on a laptop (https://gra.soldotna.org/Default.aspx?PID=3) and when ‘Register Now’ was clicked, the first registration page was blank instead of the Age field, and then subsequent pages asked for other fields that we don’t have set up to ask for. They finished the registration process.
- We now can’t find the patron using the Control Room patron search.
- When we tried to re-register them, the username was already in use.
- After having them log into the front end and then link kid accounts to their own, I can find the patron in the Control Room ONLY after searching for their kid and then switching to the master account. Their name/username/etc does not pull in a search.
- These “lost” patrons don’t show in reports either.
- These “lost” patron accounts look/act normal on the front end. They can log time, earn badges/prizes, etc.
So, three issues:
Where are these people being stored? We have multiple organizations (The default master, with two organizations)… I found 5 patron accounts created in the master, which accounts for some of the problem, but there are others who I know are registered and using, who I can find through their linked kid accounts, but they aren’t showing in the master or either of the two orgs by any other method). And there could be a number of non-linked accounts that are simply hidden.
How do I grab these patrons, once “found”, and get them to behave normally? THEY can log time and play along, but we as staff can’t find them normally or include them in reports.
How do I stop this seemingly-random blips from happening? (This is pretty much an impossible question at this point, but I had to throw it in there) Is the wireless connection cutting out maybe an issue? This is the only consistent environment I’ve been able to unearth - all cases of strangeness reported were by people using wireless/cellular.