Check that - also if you guys did an upgrade you can add the following line to the
Web.config in the
<add key="GraConfigured" value="1"/>
The (attempted) short version of this story is: the GRA uses that domain lookup that Holly is talking about first, then it tries to connect to the database. If it has connection problems it typically redirects to the initial configuration because it assumes you haven't done that yet. This line in the
Web.config will force it to show an error page instead of the initial configuration page if it can't reach the database so patrons should never see the initial configuration dialog.
The setup process does this now but if you upgraded I didn't put a step in for this (I figured the upgrade instructions were complicated enough).