Images for additional avatar components?

@justinm I poked around in GitHub and the manual looking for clues, but finding none, are there any additional avatar components for uploading and awarding anywhere out there?

If none are available, I’d love if you could share the parameters so I can create them. Thanks!

The default avatars that come with the GRA were constructed by me by hastily hacking away at Glitch game art provided by the Eleven wardrobe/vanity. I did keep notes as I constructed them and I have a multilayer Photoshop file that I can post if people are interested in coming up with additional artwork to add.

If you’re using your own artwork for avatars it is fairly straightforward to add it using the Control Room interface - I wrote up some instructions for our graphic designer and I can probably find that if it would help.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

Yes, I’d love that. Sounds like something I won’t be implementing this year (unless I find time mid-summer), but I’d like to take a stab at it.

Yes, I’m sort of interested since I noticed the Glitch asset files are all separate - heads & hair & hats - basically you just combined by layering to create each head? I thought it would be cute to add bonus avatar pieces as the summer progresses.

Yes! You can reward Avatar’s with badges in the new system.

I put the Photoshop file I used to generate the initial avatars up on GitHub in case you want to try to generate more along with some instructions as to how I made them. It’s really hacky but it might work if you want to make some more Glitch-based items for awards.

I’ve tried to edit the avatar items by following the directions, but I’m a novice at photoshop and using dev tools, and even after I edit them, they don’t line up properly, and the size is wrong. I really appreciate all the work that you’ve done on this; I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining. I was just wondering if anyone who is better than it than me would mind posting their files for me to use when/if they finish them? I would be so grateful! Thank you!

I tried some of this and it didn’t go so well. I’ll keep trying but you really, really need to add some more avatars. Racial diversity in reading adventures sounds like it should be a high priority!