How to edit upsell text

I can’t find where this text (All of what you are seeing can be easily customized for your library!) is located so that I can edit it. This text shows on the /Register.aspx and /Default.aspx pages in the black centered bar.

I promise I’ve spent time looking!

Connecting to SQL

Totally understandable! It’s a mess how different pieces of text are hidden different places. I really need to step up on documentation once our program actually kicks off! :anguished:

The text is in Control Room -> Programs -> Static Text under the label: Upsell

Here’s the current CSS as it appears in Content/gra.css:

.upsell {
    background: repeating-linear-gradient( -55deg, #222, #222 10px, #333 10px, #333 20px );
    padding-top: 0.8em;
    padding-bottom: 0.8em;
    border-radius: 1em;
    margin-top: 2em;
    color: white;
}

.upselltext {
    margin-left: 2em;
    margin-right: 2em;
    display: inline-block;
    font-weight: bold;
}

If you want to restyle the way it looks, you should be able to override those CSS classes by defining them in Control Room -> Programs -> CSS Styles.

Hmm. well it looks like in the past I already edited the upsell there:
upsell=Welcome to the Great Reading Adventure!

Which is why I couldn’t find it using a search for the original text.

I check all 4 programs and they’ve all been changed already… Maybe I need to edit this at the top level (rather than my library branch’s program-centric login)?

Double hmm. The text in the “master” GRA program was also changed prior to today and reads:
upsell=Choose your library above to get started!

Will continue this mystery after lunch.

Solved. One of the 4 programs I have running didn’t have the text changed. Once edited, it shows on the front end. (I must have failed to hit save after editing… thus the power of eating lunch.)

A little strange that the “last” program created (#4 of 4 on the Programs list) is acting like master, but I have good text now so I’m moving on.

One other thing I just realized - the application caches what’s stored in those files so sometimes it doesn’t update right away - I need to file a bug that when you click “save” in that resources section of the Control Room it should clear out that cache and reload it.

Sorry about that!

I did notice that (I added another school today and it hasn’t shown up yet.)

BTW, it looks like my “#4 program” is the master/default for all text.

Thanks!

Hey - when you go to the Display Order option in the Programs tab of the Control Room does your #4 program show as being the first in the ordering?

Is there an easy way to remove the upsell from the homepage? Could I just delete those CSS lines in the Control Room?

Nevermind- I was able to edit the CSS sufficiently to find practical use for it.